The Paris Open Source Summit is the first European event dedicated to the Free and Open Source community. It enables the French ecosystem to show its skills, to open up to the international community and to create meetings between professionals, in order for people to collaborate on projects. This event is beyond compare.
“Opening the Digital Revolution”. The 2018 edition will highlight the importance of Open Source in the digital revolution and its growing impact on the wide-scale transformation of many professions/sectors.
Today, very few activities escape the massive changes driven by digital, which is in the process of progressing from simple sales channel to become the backbone of many professions. This revolution is the result of the new opportunities offered by emerging technologies such as Blockchain, the Internet of Things, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
Digital offers huge opportunities for innovation which, nevertheless, requires a context of trust and cybersecurity in order to become a reality and which, therefore, should be associated with a logic of openness, mutual support, permanence and sovereignty.
The dominance of GAFA (M) over our data and its use, and the monopolies created by these American stakeholders and their Chinese equivalents have shown the consequences and dangers of such hegemony and required sovereign responses in order to restore trust in digital.
Open Source and open models, with their collaborative approach of sharing and transparency on which digital is now widely based, offers a response to these needs.
This 2018 edition of POSS will devote itself to offering a business approach to Open Source solutions.
POSS 2018 will bring together all the stakeholders from the European and French language ecosystem offering the chance to meet the movers and shakers who create the tools and technologies as well as the decision-makers and consumers who are looking for solutions or who are interested in an Open Source strategy.
Call for Presentations
You can be part of this event by becoming a speaker. Feedbacks with (or from) customers are strongly encouraged. If your conference is selected, we will ask you to provide an introduction article from a blog or related to the subject upstream of the event.
Please submit your conference proposition related to one of the three following themes :
The TECH theme is designed for technophiles, those behind the functioning of our infrastructure, there where the wide-scale adoption of open source started, those who build apps and, in general, those who continue to innovate with the technologies of the future that result from open innovation.
It will open the lid on the apps of today in order to explore all the layers that make them work – the datacentre’s infrastructure (cloud, containers), the management of platforms in a DevOps dynamic, and technological innovations around developments, data, artificial intelligence and the end user, not to mention the subjects that are continuing to emerge!
- Infrastructure: datacentre, cloud, containers
- DevOps: Automatisation, Orchestration, Monitoring, Supervision, Collaboration
- Embedded: Systems, IOT
- Development: Languages, Frameworks, Middleware
- Data: AI (Machine Learning, Bots, …), BigData
- Front: User experience (UX), UI
- Emerging subjects: BockChain, ServerLess, Edge computing, etc.
The SOLUTIONS theme is designed for users and decision-makers or any person/organisation that wants to find operational responses in Open Source.
The focus will be on testimonials, feedback about projects, presentations of solutions that meet business and/or cross-cutting needs.
By shedding light on the major trends in the sector, this theme aims to support users and customers in their choice of Open Source solutions.
- Migration to cloud (users, integrators, editors): testimonials and feedback
- Cybersecurity, identities, directories: solutions, challenges, thinking and good practices
- Business solutions by sector of activity: Industry automobile, Banking/finance, Insurance, Telecom, E-commerce, Health, Energy, Aeronautics, Agriculture, Ministries, Local Authorities
- Overview of the must-haves of open source (user terminal, ERP, messaging, supervision, CMS, middleware, BI, security, etc.)
- Innovative solutions: Big Data, Blockchain, AI, machine learning, IoT, etc., challenges and perspectives
The ECOSYSTEM theme explores the challenges of Open Source beyond programs and is open to other open models: Open Data, Open Hardware, Open Content, etc. which help to make open source mainstream in our society, including in our legislative texts.
With a view to strengthening the crucial role of open digital in digital transformations, the questions of transparency, sovereignty and, more widely, ethics, will be central, responding to key challenges in the field of trust.
A special platform will be provided for players from open innovation ecosystems that have chosen to pool knowledge by developing commons in order to innovate more effectively in their sector: health, finance, spatial, mobility, culture, law, energy, open gov, etc.
- Reinforce the ethics of digital : AI, privacy, legislative challenges, alternative models to GAFAM, empowerment of users and organisations, etc.
- Set up open innovation ecosystems : tools & governance, development of “commons”, etc.
- Speed up the digital transformation of organisations : open models & #TransfoNum, open source/open data/RGPD compliance, intra and inter organisation collaboration, etc.
- Build lasting economic models : open business models, evaluation and promotion of open projects, research/business transfers, etc.
- Include open models in the promotion of research : challenges and specific features of open source in promotion, impact evaluation in research activities and results
- Include all types of public : Is open digital really open? #GenderEquality #Médiation #Accessibility